Tuesday, March 20, 2012

One

The other day I got a text message from Phil (future brother-in-law extraordinaire) that read: "How exciting is it that in ten days you'll be writing a blog called "One"?". Well Phil, to answer your question, it feels pretty damn exciting (Pardon my French).

Musical Chairs

Last weekend Blair and I completed our pre-marital counseling and I think we both took far more away from the experience than originally anticipated. We met with our pastor Saturday afternoon for a few hours and then returned on Sunday. We walked in to his office and sat in different chairs than we had the day before. Our pastor was in the middle of closing the door, stopped and said "In thirty something years of doing this, I can positively say that I have never seen a couple come in here and switch seats". Blair and I instantly looked at each other thinking we had just "failed" pre-marital counseling but our pastor said it was nice to see a couple willing to see things from the other person's perspective...literally.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered

Something that has been an unexpected source of "special" and fun has been receiving the RSVP cards from our invitations. My mother hand addressed each invitation just as she and her sister (my Aunt Sally) addressed my mother's when she married my father. It was fun for her to see the names and quite literally touch each invitation before it met its intended recipient. As the RSVP cards have made their way back to Atlanta some include sweet notes to Blair and I, some "!!!" and even a few smiley faces. These touches made this more "official" part of the wedding so much more personal and I know that these cards are something that Blair and I will treasure. 

Teased & Fitted

Friday afternoon I had my half day at work and zoomed towards Atlanta for my hair trial. I know this sounds vain but it I am so glad that my mom talked me into it because it really helped me relax and feel at ease with how things will go on the big day. Saturday mom, Laura, and I went to one of my fittings and as Laura was zipping up the dress I could really feel things starting to come together. It was so special to spend a beautiful spring day in Atlanta with my mom and sister knowing that the next time we are all in Atlanta together it will be for our wedding day.

This has been such a wonderful time for Blair and I and today marks 31 days until our family, friends, and all of those in-between that mean the most to us will be sitting in my church to watch Blair and I become husband and wife. I am grateful, excited, nervous, and contemplating how to post "Zero" on April 21st...

This might as well be Blair. Image via

Thanks for reading along for the past ten months, can't wait to share our big day!

Mary...The future Mrs. Blair Reath

No comments:

Post a Comment