Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Southern Cakes

This past weekend Blair and I both celebrated our respective bachelor/bachelorette parties...and "celebrated" might be an understatement. Blair and 35862397462 of his closet friends went to Savannah and the girls and I were just right up the road in Hilton Head.

I headed down on Thursday night after work with my friend Megan and after a great walk on the beach the next day, lunch and shopping with mom and Laura, we were ready for the rest of the guests to arrive. Friday night was a blast. I really don't think I have had that much fun in a long time and it was such a wonderful feeling to be with my sister, cousin Rebecca, best friend from childhood Jenny combined with Wofford and Columbia girls. It was such a great group and we took the island (and our limo driver, Bill) by storm.

Laura, the playlist master

Friends since we met on the bus in the 7th grade, look at us now!

My now matron of honor

Sister

Showing off my beautiful "bride" cup

Let the opening begin!

"Southern Cakes"

1/3 of the Yellow House roommates who made the trip
Saturday morning involved a lot of lounging and recapping the highlights of the night before. Some of the girls had to leave on Saturday so Megan, Laura, and I treated ourselves to an afternoon at the spa and then spent the rest of the afternoon watching Bridesmaids with the rest of the girls, doing a lot of talking and laughing sitting around the kitchen. We were treated to a dinner at Santa Fe Cafe, one of my all time favorite resturants and it didn't disappoint.



It was so nice to have the best of both worlds with a big, fun group and a night on the town on Friday and a more relaxed day and night on Saturday. So thankful for Megan for having us, it was definitely a weekend to remember!

Note to all that attended: You can borrow the cookbook...

Hope you all had a great weekend and thanks for reading!

Mary

1 comment:

  1. How exciting!!!! So great to see pictures of you,sister and J together during this special time.

    ReplyDelete