Monday, December 6, 2010

Thing Two is 21!!!

Today is my sister's birthday!!!

 I love that her birthday is so close to Christmas because she is so much fun to shop for and I like being able to give her her presents right away. I typically consider myself a pretty good gift-giver (not to brag or anything) and love it when I feel like I have found just the prefect present for someone. Laura has been wearing the same pair of starfish earrings for years now and loves all things turquoise so when I spotted a pair of Stella & Dot turquoise, starfish earrings, I thought to myself, "Self, this is the perfect gift for Laura and you are the greatest sister ever". So imagine my satisfaction when I gave Laura the earrings over Thanksgiving and she wore them all weekend. And no, I refuse to believe that she wore them just so she would not hurt my feelings.

So from Thing 1 to Thing 2 (the nicknames Dad gave us when we were kids); I hope you have the happiest of birthdays and I cannot wait to see you at Christmas...mainly because your present is the bomb.com. Love you to the moon and back.

Clearly I am the better-looking one on the left.
Thanks for reading!

Mary

1 comment: