Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I Just Felt Like Running

Post-college I developed a strange passion for running. I say that it is strange because if you knew me pre- (and during) college, you would know that I was never much of a "runner"; always athletic enough to get by in high school sports but never someone who enjoyed running. Somewhere after graduation that changed and I am now frustrated on the days when I can't run; I will bring my running shoes on vacation and make sure there is time allotted in my day for a jog, it is all quite odd.

I run to clear my head and have some time alone. Some days the run is obviously definitely better, faster, and longer than other days but it is always therapeutic. So, today as the sun is poking through and I am emerging from my lunchtime coma, I feel like I could run for hours. I know this is not the case but today I just feel like running.

When I got tired, I slept. When I got hungry, I ate. When I had to go, you know, I went.

Yup, Forrest and I are pretty much one and the same.

"Now you wouldn't believe me if I told you, but I could run like the wind blows. From that day on, if I was ever going somewhere, I was running!"

Thanks for reading!

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment