Wednesday, September 7, 2011

There's No Crying in Baseball!

Well, not baseball in this case, just in public. Twice since Sunday I have cried in public. And I am not talking a single tear, these were free-flowing ugly-face-making sort of tears. I can't help it; it's a miracle I don't get kicked out of movie theatres more often for aggressive sobbing.

Cry-Fest #1: Blair and I stopped for lunch at Firehouse Subs on our way to the lake on Sunday. From our seats I could see a T.V. mounted on a nearby wall; Blair could not. ESPN starts to air one of their tear-jerking montages, which get me every time but this one was particularly moving as it was the story of "Man in the Red Bandanna" (Make sure you have tissues handy). OK I will give you 13 minutes to watch this...And now you're crying too. Well I was, in Firehouse, with the post-church crowd. Blair tells me it looks like he just broke up with me in the middle of our lunch, and it does but I couldn't help it; I knew I was going to start crying as soon as I started watching but I couldn't pull my eyes away, or wipe them because Cheetos were my chips of choice.

Cry-Fest #2: A happy cry, Blair's birthday celebration is set to take place this weekend so I was in the grocery store picking up a few treats and made my way to the greeting card aisle. It is important to note that at this point I only have baking supplies in my cart. I start reading the birthday cards and some of these are so funny I start the silent laugh, I am laughing but literally making no sound. And then I start crying...great. I wish I would have video taped the looks I got that said this "Oh, look that said girl has a bunch a baking stuff in her cart and is crying in the middle of the store". Maybe some people put two and two together but probably not, I don't have that kind of luck.

So, if you have ever had the urge to cry in public, have no fear because it has happened to me twice...in three days. Hope you all are having a good week so far and thanks for reading!

Mary

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness I saw the Red Bandana video on twitter the other night... holy moly. waterworks.

    ReplyDelete