Thursday, September 29, 2011

Put Your Record On

So if you have been reading this blog from the beginning you may sometimes wonder how exactly so many embarrassing things can happen to the same person; well, I have a doozy to add to the list today. Allow me to set the scene:

Tuesday night, I am driving home from the gym and it is dark. This leads me to [foolishly] believe that once I turn up my radio that no one will be able to see me singing just a tad too loudly along with this song. False. While it is not quite a duet by Gladys Knigth & The Pips, there are definitely times where their voices overlap (Gladys and The Pips, that is) so I am trying, and I think succeeding to cover all of the vocals as I am sitting at a red light. I glance over right as my car has come to a stop, mid-sing, and discover that the elderly gentleman in the car next to me is looking in my direction like I am certifiably insane.Yes, I am mortified but what is worse is that the song had really just started so even though I had been caught singing, I was still mumbling the words as I couldn't let the midnight train to Georgia pass me by.

Seriously, I dare you to not sing along with this song.

I hope you all are having a great week and that you are singing in the car tonight because its almost Friday! Thanks for reading!

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment