Sunday, January 8, 2012

Back to Reality

Beginning with the weekend before Christmas to now, I feel like I have been traveling non-stop. Each time I pack up my bag and ready myself to leave for the weekend I wonder if it would just be easier to lay low and do a great deal of nothing. While this would definitely be "easy" it might not be as fulfilling as the trips themselves. Laura start spring semester of her senior year tomorrow and has been spending the past few days at our aunt's home in Hilton Head with our mom. So what did I do immediately after work on Friday? That's right, hopped in the car and headed for the island.

It was great to eat, nap, talk, and laugh and have absolutely no plans. None. When the largest sources of stress are where to eat and whether to walk along the marsh or the beach then you know you have had a perfectly relaxing weekend.

The view from Aunt Sal's back porch

Makes the idea of a Monday morning very unappealing! Hope you all had a great weekend, thanks for reading!

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment