Sunday, November 20, 2011

Five

Um where is 2011 going!? Don't get me wrong, I am very excited that April 21, 2012 will be here before we know it but there are definitely times where I feel as though the list of things left to do is double or triple as long as things that have actually been done. So, as a month has passed since six, Blair and I have gotten a good bit accomplished in the past month; mainly one of the things that I was most worried about with Blair who has intense mall-phobia: registering.

71 Casserole Dishes?

Blair and I tackled Pottery Barn a while ago and it was actually a lot of fun. Electronics stress me out so Blair was put in charge of the scanner and off we went. Following a brief distraction thanks to the "Pocket Pets" that were being sold outside the store, we managed to get a lot done and got really excited about building our first home together...until we both started to get a little punchy. Blair tried to convince me that we needed to register for a globe and then wanted to ask for a decorative iron phone paper weight (I am not describing this well), which he proceeded to pick up and talk into as though someone really was on the other line. This behavior prompted the Pottery Barn register boss to [not so] politely ask us if we were done. Oooops.

Then we tackled Belk and to just be completely honest, the women at Belk loved Blair. They thought it was so sweet that Blair had agreed to join me and that he seemed so excited. And we were, until favorite employee #1 printed out our registry to see what we had so far and it turned out that Blair had accidentally registered for 71 casserole dishes. Yikes. We also picked this out and I know Blair would like to extend a personal thank you to anyone that is kind enough to provide this for us as a gift in our first kitchen:

The one-egg pan. Blair was all about this.
More importantly, Blair willingly entered the mall twice of his own free will. It really was a lot of fun and I am thankful that we got to do this together. April here we come!

Thanks for reading and I hope you all had a great weekend!

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment