Monday, October 10, 2011

Me, You, and the Dancefloor

Saturday night Blair & I were lucky enough to celebrate our engagement with some close friends and family. It was a great party hosted at my Aunt Sue's house and it was so special to have friends that we spent so many years with at Wofford in a place that has been an important part of my memories growing up. With plenty of food, football, music, and eventually dancing (See Blair's [in]famous dance video for further explanation); I hope that everyone else had just as much fun as Blair and I did!

Great Wofford friends

My Uncle Tom and Blair's parents; this party was a wonderful way for our families to mingle and get to know each other better

Aunt Sally and Uncle Ed; two of the best!

Blair and his childhood friend/groomsman Matt and his girlfriend Danielle, so thankful that they made the trip for us!

The great cake! Georgia and Tennessee decorations represented our home states as well as a Wofford "W" on the back, a chapel, a bottle of wine for Blair, and the St. Simons lighthouse; so thoughtful

Cutting the cake!

Blair and his sweet father showing off their Tennessee pride

Maid of honor!

Cheese!

Columbia neighbors

Bev, Megan, and Laura

Yes, the crown in Blair's hand was a part of his late-night dance routine (Note: Sam and Zeco in the background)
It was a great weekend and the perfect way to kick off the wedding festivities! I know Blair and I constantly tell our families about our friends and vice versa so it was a wonderful feeling to look out over the party and see people who are so important to us laughing and enjoying each other.

I hope you all had a great weekend & thanks for reading!

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment