Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Orange You Glad?

Yep. I own this much orange.
When I was applying to colleges I distinctly remember my father saying "Mary, you just can't go anywhere orange" (Auburn, Tennessee, Florida, Clemson...I think that's all the orange that Bulldog fans hate). Anyway, when Blair and I started dating my dad was then asking the normal dad/interrogator questions and I was just waiting for it:

Dad: Well, where is he from?
Me: Knoxville.
Dad: Ohhh...Is he, you know, a Tennessee fan?
Me: Yep.
Dad: Well, everyone has their flaws.

I think about this conversation every time that I travel to Knoxville, a city that I have been more than pleasantly surprised by. Blair and I are traveling there this weekend as he is being presented as a part of the Knoxville Mens' Cotillion (Laura calls this Blair's "Coming out party") and I am sure Blair and I will fall back into our normal Knoxville routine, this includes:

1. Lunch at Soccer Taco. In addition to being a fried pickle, ice cream, grilled cheese, and baked goods connoisseur, I LOVE Mexican food and Soccer Taco never disappoints. They know Blair at this restaurant and it is always fun to visit/roll myself out the door when we are finished eating.
You really can't go wrong here.
2. Hopefully (but not always) after we are feeling uncomfortably full from our lunch, Blair and I go for a walk around Northshore Park. It is beautiful and there are always families, dogs, serious runners [over-achievers] out and about.

View from the top of one of the many ginormous average hills...

3. Typically following a delicious home-cooked meal at the Reath house, Blair and I travel down to "the strip" to meet up with his friends from high school. This is a group of about 10 guys or so and when they reunite it is bound to be entertaining...and maybe a lot of trouble...
The Old College Inn, the usual stomping grounds
I know Blair is really excited about this weekend and I sure it will not disappoint. And I promise to pack a very moderate amount of orange. Can't wait to report back and thanks for reading!

Mary 

No comments:

Post a Comment