Monday, May 30, 2011

Beaufort Bash

Sorry for the posting delay but the long weekend, combined with the fact that Mary Loyal and Lash tied the knot this weekend has left little time for blogging. So now to play catch up! Friday afternoon we headed down to Beaufort for "Dessert and Dancing" in honor of the happy couple. Despite a few threatening clouds the weather cooperated and we had a wonderful time celebrating with the bride and groom to be before their big day:
Ann Spencer, me, and Cally at our hotel before going to the party Friday night.

Blair and I taking our standard photo before the party Friday night. He loves these.

Mary Loyal and Lash following along with the Laffitte family toast to the bride and groom!

Mary Loyal's family rewrote the words to "Be young, be foolish, be happy!" to apply to the bride and groom. It was so fun to watch and a really sweet family tradition

Justin, Blair, and Sean enjoying the band Friday evening. I only wish I had pictures to document the "dance circle" that emerged minutes later. Blair naturally felt the need to show his moves to the crowd. These pictures can be found on Facebook. You're welcome.
Saturday morning Blair and I met my mom and her friend Jenny for breakfast and then enjoyed the day in downtown Beaufort with all of our friends that were in town for the wedding. Lash was with the guys for most of the day and seemed so excited and you could tell that they are all really loved being able to reunite for the occasion. Around 4:00 buses picked up the guests from our hotel and we headed to the church and the evening began!
Following the ceremony, the reception was at Laurel Spring Plantation and it was truly unlike anything I have ever seen. The main tent had a clear top so you didn't actually feel like you were under a tent at all. Outside the tent guests were mingling on the lawn enjoying the scenery and waiting anxiously for the bride and groom to arrive...

Mr. and Mrs. Lash Springs during their first dance!

I really think this is one of my favorite pictures of the weekend; the bride and groom's families watching their first dance. They all look so proud and happy, so sweet!

Wofford girls at the wedding

Blair and several of his friends enjoying the reception. I know I have said this multiple times but these weddings and parties are obviously special as we are a part of that couples' special day but it is such a gift to be able to spend time with friends that we don't get to see as often as we would like since graduating

Blair and I at the reception; we don't have a lot of scenery like this in our respective home states of Georgia and Tennessee so we were truly in awe

Mary Loyal's beautiful bridal portrait in between photos of her parents' wedding with a photo of Lash's parents' wedding on the other side

Our roommates for the weekend!
It really was such a special weekend that I think I could go on and on for at least 2 more posts. Mary Loyal and Lash were so sweet to be around and their families were so accommodating and you could tell that they could really not be prouder of their children. Blair and I won't hit the wedding circuit again until his pledge brother Andrew gets married in July so I am giving my dancing shoes a rest for a few weeks. A big thank you to the Laffitte and Springs families for an unforgettable weekend and congratulations Mary Loyal and Lash! Can't wait to see all of the blessings that married life has in store for you!

Thanks for reading and I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment