Friday, June 3, 2011

Stormy Weather

The storm that ripped through Columbia last night was no laughing matter. I found that out the hard way as I was stepping out of the shower when the power went out and I was home alone. I got dressed, lit some candles and sat at our dining room table for a while and watched the rain...and the lightning...and the wind...and the sky that is now this very strange pink/gray color. Ok no more of that, off to the hall my little chicken self went. From the hall I proceeded to call Blair, grab a bag of cookies leftover from my roommate's work party (yes, a whole bag. I thought it might be my last meal. Don't judge) and sat myself down in our hall closet. Was this just a tad dramatic? Maybe. However, while I was in there I got to thinking about a few other items that would spruce up my thunderstorm hide-out:

A bed like this to read/sleep/eat/watch movies in; I think this would definitely fit in the hall closet. (Picture via The Bella Cottage)

A few midnight snacks once I run out of cookies (Picture via The Recipe Girl)



Yep. I think that pretty much does it. (Picture via Suddenly Susan)
I would obviously leave the hall closet to get Chick-fil-a for breakfast but other than that I really think I would be set. Hope everyone has a great weekend and thanks for reading!

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment