Thursday, November 11, 2010

Stylishly Unfashionable

My sister often teases me for being an unadventurous dresser. Laura is definitely more fashion forward and much less intimidated by trends then I am. I typically buy things in neutral colors and if I do buy something with color it is typically red or maybe green, if I am feeling really daring. Exciting, I know. So this is why, when I saw this picture on the New York Times website I started laughing uncontrollably at my desk...

Women on the bench=Me in 50 years.
Isn't that great!? The girl in the black would clearly be my sister Laura and I would be one of the women dressed for comfort sitting in front of the fountain. However, if you examine their outfits a little bit closer you will see that not all is lost, there is hope for me yet. For example, the woman on the far left end of the bench is not scared of mixing patterns, good for her! Also, they are all carrying the identical (and very festive) handbag, I am all about consistency. The woman sitting in the middle of the bench is wearing a very nice shade of blue and sporting some seriously stylish shades, accessories are key!

Basically I am trying to make myself feel better for being so boring. At least one of the Branch girls got some fashion sense. If nothing else it looks like in a few years I will have some great friends that will sit with me in the park. Thanks for reading!

Mary

1 comment:

  1. I love that you blog during the day...gives me something to look forward to at work! :)

    ReplyDelete